Here I show an easy way of creatting an individual saiku.log file on your Pentaho BI server. An useful trick to organize and check saiku / saiku adhoc logs and debugging errors. I am sure you are familiar with mondrian_mdx and mondrian_sql log files. These logs are disabled by default and may be enabled uncommenting the blocks of code in the final part of the log file:
…but why do I talk about these log files? The answer is easy, it’s because we only need to create on this area another block of code containing the lines of code attached below and you will create a new saiku.log file!
Remember you can change log level from DEBUG to ERROR,WARN…or the one most fits your requirements.
<param name="File" value="../logs/saiku.log"/>
<param name="Append" value="false"/>
<param name="MaxFileSize" value="100MB"/>
<param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="1"/>
<param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d %-5p [%c] %m%n"/>
Restart your BI Server and from now on saiku log will appear into saiku.log individual file on /biserver-ce/tomcat/logs directory. However, don’t forget checking pentaho.log and catalina.out logs files to acquire all the information you require to solve your issues.
First of all you need to download latest stable version from Pentaho Business Analytics portal on sourceforge
Next download this Fusion Charts free plugin.
Download sample solutions folder link
Next after unzipping all downloaded files we proceed installing the plugin.
- Extract the fusion plugin zip file into the /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system path and as a result in /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/fusion_plugin folder you will have fusioncharts,js ,lib folders and several .properties and xml config files.
- Extract the fusion samples zip file into the /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/bi-developers path –> Now you have /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/bi-developers/fusion-charts with 3 folders on it containing dashboards and chart samples.
- Set bi-developers folder to visible
- Edit file index.xml and set <visible>true</visible> maybe you don’t need to configure this as pentaho BI server 4.5 contains this property true by default
- Change the file /biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/pentaho.xml to include another entry on the acl-files list: <acl-files>…,xfusion</acl-files
- Run start-pentaho.bat script and log into the User console localhost:8080 with joe as user and password as password. After entering on the BI system go to Tools -> Refesh -> Repository Cache in order to refresh the solution repository.
- Check the amazing results now and the great flash effects